Goal SettingFebruary 7th, 2014 - NZCU Baywide
So the New Year has rolled around again and it is time to set those New Year’s resolutions or goals. At first thought, it seems a straight forward process of just firing off some things you know you want to do, be, or have done by the end of the year.
However, there is actually a bit of an art to goal setting. We here at NZCU have researched for you our members, the best goal setting tips for the New Year.
Here they are:
- Break your goals into categories e.g. Career, Education, Physical, Family and Finances
- Make sure your goals are achievable or realistic
- Don’t set too many goals! If you have 100 goals you have too many
- Have a deadline for your goals, so when you want to achieve them by
- WRITE THEM DOWN
- Review your goals regularly for example on the first Sunday of every month, sit down and review how you are tracking and see if you need to make any adjustments
- Keep it visible – put notes on your bedroom or bathroom mirror or any other place they will be highly visible as this can help keep you focussed and on track
- Get a good group of support people who understand your goals and can cheer you on when you start to falter.
If you would like to be successful in achieving your financial goals, feel free to give one of our friendly team a call today.